Saturday, August 2, 2008

Entry for November 10, 2007

"Teisei shimasu."

I'm retracting that statement.

Remember what I said about the Pumpkin Princess being a fabulous sleeper? I take it back. She is a pretty good sleeper, but it seems her bedtime routine keeps getting more and more elaborate. It used to be she would pick up her pink teddy bear and I would carry her up the stairs, teddy bear and all, and put her to bed and sleep in the bed next to her and everything would be fine. Now she insists on taking not only the pink teddy bear but also her stuffed koala bear, her stuffed Curious George, a plush lamb sachet. Then she hands them one by one to me, and she takes the Pumpkin Daddy by the hand and he must walk her up the stairs as I follow with the four stuffed toys. The Pumpkin Daddy puts her to bed, I place the stuffed toys around her, she blows the Pumpkin Daddy kisses, and I lie in the bed next to hers until she falls asleep.

It's cute when we're not too tired to appreciate cute. Occasionally, however, this is not the case.

No comments: