Sunday, August 3, 2008

Entry for February 29, 2008

"Minna bara bara!"

(We're) all breaking apart!

I know Kim has lamented about this problem too, and I am sure others have this issue going on as well. My net friends are all over the place. I used to belong to a handful of online communities, which worked off of mailing lists and online bulletin boards. Then some of my net friends started blogging. Reasons for blogging vary with the blogger, but I think that for some of my friends it was because it didn't seem right to "hog" bandwidth with personal issues. This is a courteous and sensitive manner of thinking. However, this blogging trend has cut down web traffic on the "main" online community.

And the other thing. There are so many blog sites out there! I have friends who blog on xanga, blogspot, multiply, livejournal, and diaryland. Some of them have a "friends only lock" function on their blogs (and those are usually the most interesting to read as they are peppered with specific daily episodes and lovely pictures of their family and friends) which means that I have to sign in with my xanga/ blogspot/ multiply/ livejournal/ diaryland ID to see what they have to say.

And, of course, there is me here on Yahoo 360 of all places in the world.

If only you guys weren't so interesting, I wouldn't end up spending so much time on the computer! ;)

No comments: