Sunday, August 3, 2008

Entry for January 01, 2008

"Mochuu desu."

We're in mourning.

I would wish all of you a Happy New Year, but we're in mourning because my grandmother died last spring. Wait, I'm writing in English, so it's OK! Happy New Year, everyone!

The Pumpkin Daddy has been drinking sake all day. It's his way of spending New Year's. I'm on call at work so I'm staying sober. Call means that I get to stay at home and eat and play with the Pumpkin Princess (but not drink alcohol) as long as my cell phone is in my pocket. I usually take the duty on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day because both my parents and the in-laws live in the area, so we don't do any long distance travelling during the holidays. The chance of the phone ringing compliments of a work-related issue is almost nonexistant. I don't think that's ever happened since I've had this current job, although it did happen once the week before my wedding. I was getting my hair cut and colored when my cell phone rang. I asked if it was OK to go in AFTER my hairdresser was done, and fortunately they said yes.

It would have beeen interesting if they'd said no. I would have had dark roots in my wedding photos.

No comments: