Sunday, August 3, 2008

Entry for March 15, 2008

"Osokatta!"

Too late!

Two weeks ago, I bought some flat leaf parsely, cilantro, spearmint, and thyme plants. I had planned on planting them last week, but we got rather busy and didn't get around to it so they stayed on a sunny part of my kitchen counter. One of the cilantro plants withered completely, and the other looks kind of limp as well. I finally got around to planting them in a large container today. We'll see how they do. The parsely, mint and thyme look OK.

I've also ordered jalapeno and zuccini (pizza chilies and courgettes to my Brit friends) seeds online.

Since I've got cedar pollen allergies and it's high season for cedar pollen, I wear a hat and a surgical mask when I'm gardening. I look like someone who knows she is doing something she is not supposed to.

No comments: