Saturday, January 31, 2015

(I'm going to) slip!

Suberu!

(Apologies to those who are preparing for final, admission and board exams…"suberu" also means failing these exams)

I wanted to run yesterday, but the forecast was for snow, so I sat it out. (It didn't snow.) So I headed out this morning and after about two steps, I realized that the roads were frozen. I'm aiming for fitness, not fractures, so I headed back inside. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the anti-vaccination rhetoric. Any time you receive a medical intervention of any kind, there is a risk. Vaccination is one of the few honest-to-goodness victories of modern medicine. I can understand feeling that not all of them are necessary. If you need a reference, Japan has one of the shortest lists of required vaccines in the world. Mumps, for example, is not a required vaccine. However, measles is on the list. The Pumpkin Prince got his measles/ rubella booster this morning. Everyone else should get theirs too, if they haven't already.

No comments: