Thursday, January 22, 2015

I ran! (Oops!)

Hashitte shimatta!

This morning I did something unexpected (especially by myself).

I ran.

I've been doing planks and pushups about every other morning since the new year began. My posture has improved, and I have more energy. This got me thinking that maybe I should start doing something more for my body, and that that something was probably cardio. And the cheapest, simplest cardio is, of course, running and walking.

So I googled "Couch to 5K" and downloaded an interval timer app and got up at 5:30 and got into windproof gear that I probably bought when my name wasn't Pumpkin yet and slapped on some sunscreen and laced up my 3 year-old sneakers and went out the door.

And the interval timer app crashed, but I just switched to the stopwatch and timer function on my iPod and I did 8 intervals of 60 seconds jogging/ 90 minutes walking.

So, yaaay me!

(My legs are protesting, though. I didn't know you could get sore from running, especially from such a short distance.)