Monday, February 9, 2015

Oops, I did it again!

Mata yatchatta!

I didn't think I would be, but I'm on Week 3 of Couch to 5k. I downloaded a 100 yen app for it (because I couldn't find a decent multi-set interval timer that ran on the old version of iOS I have on my old iPod) but it crashed during the run, and I ended up just running to the timer function of my iPod. Still, I ran, and I've been running 3 times a week for 2 whole weeks, so it's all good, I think.

Anyway, I was listening to a podcast by two doctors, and one said to the other, "marathons are bad for you." And shortly after, the app crashed.

I'm trying to figure out what to make of this.

I'm continuing to purge my house of unwanted/ unused/ unloved items. I hauled the Pumpkin Prince and Princess's old clothes to work, and gave them to younger colleagues with small children. My friends get extra clothes (because everyone knows daycare babies need about 3 times as many clothes as non-daycare babies), and my house gets cleaner. If that's not a win-win, I don't know what is. While going through clothes, I've come to the following conclusions

1)  Just because you paid 5 times more for it than you usually do, doesn't mean it is going to last 5 times longer. (I am looking at you, high(er) end knits that hold their shape exactly as long as my Uniqlo pullovers.)

2) Woven fabrics hold their shape better than knits.

I tossed one of the first pairs of pants I altered because they were too tight. I'm very slowly gaining weight, and I'm OK with this in and of itself, but I really hate that the items I worked so hard to alter don't fit anymore!

No comments: