Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fix Minnie!

Minnie-chan naoshite!

This morning, the Pumpkin Princess noticed something on top of the refrigerator and asked to see it. It turned out to be a plastic Minnie Mouse Christmas tree ornament. It was cute but cheap and the nose broke off when we brought it home. I fixed it with super glue and it did well for a few days, until the Pumpkin Princess pulled it off the tree and dropped it and the hand chipped off. I put it on top of the refrigerator to repair later, and forgot about it until now.

Yes, I realize that it's the second half of February. I never claimed to be organized, I only claimed that I try to be.

So after sending the Pumpkin Princess off to day care, I found some epoxy glue, but it wouldn't stick. So I tried getting the super glue and found that it had solidified. So I guess that's on today's shopping list, along with laundry detergent and fabric softener.

Yesterday's list of accomplishments:

1) Laundry. Washed the kitchen curtains in addition to the usual clothes and towels .

2) Went to an outside gig for a very short while to show one of my co-workers (my maternity leave replacement for that gig) how to use the computer system there

3) The Pumpkin Princess got an hour long bath. Again. Compliments of two adults. Again.

4) Dinner was penne in a bolognaise sauce (made a couple weeks ago and frozen in a ziplock bag), french onion soup (caramelized onions stocked in freezer, leftover bread from garlic bread a couple nights ago), and broccoli stir fried in anchovy sauce. For dessert, we had some cake that previously mentioned co-worker gave me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You almost sound like you're nesting! With all the laundry and such. I love hang dried clothes too but have to watch out for sudden rain showers more than pollen.
Good luck and rest up for arrival of Pumpkin Prince!

pumpkinmommy said...

Almost? I'd say I definitely sound like I'm nesting! Yes, not having to watch out for sudden rain is another advantage of drying the clothes indoors, but in this part of the country, winters are mostly devoid of rain.

Except, it snowed last night. Go figure!