Friday, June 26, 2009

"There is a distance between us."

Watashitachi no aida ni ha kyori ga arimasu.



Were you shocked? I sure was. Most of the fuss about him in the past decade or so was unfortunately not about his music, but you have to admit, sexual tastes aside, his music and dancing were pretty amazing.

So this conversation went on in the workplace today.

O: I still can't believe he's dead.

Me: Me neither. I remember when there was always someone in the hall trying to moonwalk.

S: Me too. I had a Thriller folder.

O: I had Thriller stuff, too. I loved that song, and the video. Even if he was kind of messed up these past few years.

S: Do you mean about the monkey he had?

O: Actually, I meant the whole pedeophilia mess, but yes, he had a monkey. What was his name?

Me: Bubbles the chimpanzee.

S: Yes, Bubbles. I remember when he came to the zoo in Pumpkin Prefecture with Bubbles, and one of my friends cut class to get a glimpse of him.

M: (youngest person in the room, at age 26 or so) You know, It's been all over the news since early morning, and I don't really understand what the fuss is about.

(O, S and Pumpkin Mommy suddenly feel very very old)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such shocking news, right? Hope you are keeping warm, been cooler but Very humid here.