I haven't made New Year's resolutions in quite some time now. If I did, they would be
1. Do everything in my job description
2. Be more patient with the Pumpkin Prince and Princess
But 1. since my job involves a lot more than my job description, obviously some things that are IN the description are going to suffer, and 2. I think I am more patient than I used to be, but no way am I ever going to hit 100%.
But I do try to get things done during my New Year's holiday. This year, it was 9 days long, which is probably some kind of record since I started getting paid to show up every morning. I set goals, and I usually meet them about half-way.
This year's holiday goals:
1. Read 3 books about work. Not done. Got about 1/3 through the first book.
2. Watch Season 4 of Big Bang Theory. Not done. Almost done with the first disc (of 3).
3. Exercise at least 4 times. Not done. Did Ripped in 30 twice, and went skating with the Pumpkin Prince and Princess. The latter involved a lot of pull-ups, as in "pulling up a 16 kg child when he falls on the ice."
4. Take the Pumpkin Princess skating. Done. See 3.
5. Sew something. Not done. At all.
6. Self-color hair. Not done, but I guess I still have tonight to do it.
7. Cut Pumpkin Princess's hair. Done.
8. Do a bit of work e-mailing. Done.
So that's it for my 9 days. The Pumpkin Daddy took the Prince and Princess to Toys 'R Us to spend their otoshidama (New Year's gift money from friends and relatives), so I had a few moments to write. They're still not back, so maybe I should see how far I can get through the book in 1…
(Update: I colored my hair and read an additional 20 pages of my book during the wait time. And my arms are very sore. The Pumpkin Prince is to blame, not Jillian Michaels.)