Thursday, June 23, 2011

Still here

Mada iru

So, still doing Jillian Michaels. You're supposed to do one 20 minute workout 5 or 6 times a week. It was more like 3 or 4 times a week, but I'm still here. Again, I'm not sure I like her persona in the DVD. I am also unsure about running in place type movements for cardio, since I am working barefoot on my hardwood floor. But the idea of doing intense strength training mixed in with cardio makes sense, and so does having different workouts with increasing levels of intensity. I'm doing week 2 (of 4) now.

I feel different, but I do not look different, and I do not weigh different. I take that back. I weigh slightly more than when I started. I have decided to tell myself that this is increased muscle mass. Because attitude is everything.


In other news, see my bitter gourd plants? Remember what they used to look like? I gave them a bit of fertilizer last weekend. I think they really will create a shady green curtain.

2 comments:

Annie Crow said...

Hey, I was just wondering this morning if you were still doing the Jillian Michaels DVDs.

Yes, increased muscle mass, definitely. Though sometimes exercise ends up making us hungry and we end up eating more than we actually expended on the exercise... I'm sure that's not what's going on in your case.

pumpkinmommy said...

The DVD actually said "you can eat your way through any workout" which is a very good point. I'm not keeping my food intake in check right now, so it is possible that that's what is going on. One thing in my favor, though, is that I usually do the workouts at night. After I'm done, I shower, check blogs and e-mail, brush my teeth and head straight to bed, so the exercise is less likely to affect my food intake.