Sunday, June 28, 2015

I've become lost.

Maigo ni narimashita.

Wednesday was the first sunny day in five days. I went out and there were at least 50% more runners/ walkers out than usual. It rained heavily on Friday evening from Saturday morning, but otherwise it's been a good week to get caught up on missed running during the June rainy season.

This morning I got up at six. There was a nice wind that made the air cooler and more comfortable than the humidity would usually make it. I started running and about 2 km in I decided today was a good day to try running further than usual. So I ran past the corner of the supermarket where I usually turn left, and instead turned left two streets down. I ended up running in a maze of rice paddy paths…which didn't lead back to the riverside path I wanted to get back to. I just kind of kept in the general direction I should be going, and made it to a fairly busy road near my house. I ran along this road to a chain restaurant near my house, and walked the rest of the way.

I checked on google map after I got home, and apparently I ran 6.3 km. This is the farthest I've run continuously in about 20 years. So, yaaay me! My legs hate me right now, and my arms don't like me very much either, but I am impressed with what my body has accomplished and how it can still evolve after all this time.

No comments: