I don't make New Year Resolutions, because they are the same every year and I can never keep them. In case you are wondering, they are 1) drink less alcohol on weekdays 2) eat less potato chips when I do drink 3) exercise more 4) work harder at my day job 5) work harder at being a good parent.
I do make year end/ beginning holiday resolutions every year. This year's are:
1. limit the late night alcohol and chip sessions to no more than every other day
2. engage in at least some kind of physical activity every day, even if it is, say, something like 25 pushups and 25 squats and planks
3. alter the Pumpkin Prince's comforter cover (it was a child's size, and I want to widen it so that it's a twin size)
4. alter my navy blue Zara blazer
5. take the Pumpkin Prince and Princess ice skating
6. take the Pumpkin Princess clothes shopping
7. do some year end/ beginning housecleaning
8. read some work-related material every day
(hmm…sounds a lot like my nonexistent New Year Resolutions!)
So today was the first of 9 consecutive days off this year. I did lapse into alcohol and Doritos, but I did do the pushups and squats, cleaned the kitchen duct fan, and read about work stuff while the Pumpkin Princess did her winter holiday homework. I'm off to a good start!