Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Might be!

Kamo shirenai!

You might be a geek if you are watching a "geek squad" scene in "The Big Bang Theory" and you don't find what is going on strange or funny as much as you would really like to join Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard.

The other day, I logged on to Amazon Japan to buy a work-related publication. When I finalized the purchase, however, I had Alison Arngrim's "Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated" and the 2nd season of "The Big Bang Theory" in my shopping basket.

Surely I am not the only person who does this, am I?

3 comments:

deeje said...

Haven't watched "The Big Bang Theory", but I can totally understand the Alison Arngrim purchase!

I popped online the other day to double-check a name, and before I knew it, I was on Amazon buying seasons 1-3 of The Patty Duke Show.

Not sure whether I accomplished the work-related thing I set out to do, but Patty's arriving on Monday! :)

sheri said...

I guess I qualify as a geek -- I love "The Big Bang Theory!"

pumpkinmommy said...

Deeje, Amazon is a trap. Especially the one click checkout. What I want to know is why I knew this and fell for it anyway.

Sheri, do you actually want to shoot rockets in the park and transmit electronic pulses to the moon and back to turn on your stereo? Otherwise, you might only be a very nice geek friendly person and not a real geek...

And I just found out that the show is going to air on Thursdays coming next fall. I was considering a trip to the US this winter for work stuff, but I can only stay till Thursday morning. Is the trip even worthwhile anymore? (kidding!)