1. Knowledge about which local pediatric clinics have ample parking space, roomy waiting areas, and friendly, down-to-earth, and reasonably competent pediatricians
2. Standard issue health insurance that pays 70% of standard medical care
3. Registered domicile in a city that will pick up the remainder of the bill for kids under the age of 12
4. That 2 and 3 apply for standard medications as well
5. Parents living about 3 blocks away who will look after a sick 16 month-old at a moment's notice
6. A workplace that thinks having me around most of the time is better than not having me around at all
Actually, although I am thankful I have all of these things, every working parent should have them too (OK, maybe not 5, but they ought to have access to someone who can fill in when day care won't).