Sunday, July 27, 2008

A High Fever

"Sugoi netsu!"

What a fever!

No, no one, especially not the Pumpkin Princess, has a fever. It's just that temps have been hitting record highs the past couple of days. Yesterday, not too far from here, temps topped 40 degrees. Local temps were over 38 degrees. If the Pumpkin Princess had a fever of 38 degrees, I'd get a call from day care to come pick her up. If she were 40 degrees, I would drive to the pediatrician in the middle of the night. OK, the second part isn't 100% true. If she looked all right, I would give her something for the fever and coax her to drink some more water or juice.

I know that temps get higher in other parts of the world. It's just that this particular part of the world usually isn't this hot, and it's doing damage to crops and human lives. More climate change, I guess...

No comments: