Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Entry for December 5, 2006

"Tsumaranai hito ni natte shimaimashita."
(I, He, She) have (has) become a boring person.

The other day, I received a Christmas photo card from an old friend. It was a picture of her beautiful 2 year-old boy. She had also enclosed a generic "Christmas letter".

Now, I've absolutely nothing against generic Christmas letters. I like them. They're an efficient way to fill people in on what is going on in your life. I send them myself sometimes.

However, my friend's letter was about three paragraphs long, and two of the paragraphs detailed the various infectuous diseases her toddler had caught during the past year.

I would have liked to hear more about the new shop she was building with her husband, or the church stuff she was doing, or...well, anything, really, since she'd told me enough about gastroenteritis and ear infections.

I thought about what a letter I wrote would look like.

The Pumpkin Princess started day care and is thriving, but also gets the standard issue infections

I went back to work and am enjoying it immensely

My mom is cool because she picks up the Pumpkin Princess at day care and looks after her until I'm done

We planned, and are currently having built, our first house (putting me in debt for the first time, well, ever)

Well, it looks a lot like my friend's letter, but I won't list all the infectuous diseases. I promise.

No comments: