Sunday, July 27, 2008

Entry for June 30, 2007

"Gomi wo katteiru mitai."

It's like buying trash.

Every woman has a favorite mascara. Mine is Deja-vu Fiber Wig (I don't know if you can get it outside Japan, but it's remarkably clump-resistant and waterproof, and it washes off with hot water). Today I bought another tube, because you are supposed to replace mascara once every three months and I've had mine going for more like nine. I brought it home and I realized it was in a plastic case much larger than the tube itself. I understand that there has to be some kind of tamper-resistant mechanism so that the crazed evil psychopath can't slip goodness-knows-what in it rendering me blind or (more likely) some junior high school girl isn't opening a tube she hasn't paid for to primp up for her hot date. Still, wouldn't a simple tamper-preventing seal do just as well and be more environmentally friendly?

No comments: