Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Entry for January 03, 2007

"Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu."
Happy New Year!

Erratum: "Yoi otoshi wo" means "I hope you have a happy new year." And, I truly hope you have a happy new year.

I've got a new calendar up beside this computer. So a new year begins, this one being the last year in this apartment. It's a decent apartment, just the right size for the three of us, but it was a bit exciting, and you don't really want an apartment to have excitement. Hopefully I'll find the time to post about that another day.

I spent the New Year Holiday doing, well, nothing, besides trying to train the Pumpkin Princess into sleeping through the night. It's working o.k. so far, but we'll see...

As for work, I spent the final days of the year writing English. That's not the job description, but I write English better than anyone at work, and there was English that needed writing. It was kind of funny because my boss told me what he would like me to write in Japanese, and I said I wasn't quite sure what he meant so could he please rephrase it or something. His reply was that I wasn't supposed to be sure because what he was saying didn't quite make sense, and that he wanted me to BS.

So I did. I like to think the end result was something that might have come from prizewinning Jerseys fed entirely on organic grain and alfalfa.

No comments: