Sunday, July 27, 2008

Entry for July 22, 2007

"Ashi ga itai."

(my) Foot hurts.

The Pumpkin Princess got hand-foot-mouth disease from daycare. For the non-parent readers, this means that a virus she caught gave her itchy red spots which eventually turned into blisters on her hands, feet and mouth. The disease itself is considered mild, but the oral blisters develop inside the child's mouth as well, and this sometimes keeps the child from wanting to eat or drink. I didn't catch the red spots when I dropped her off at day care on Wednesday, but apparently the teacher noticed the moment I dropped her off and actually chased me a bit as I drove off. Am I a bad mommy or what? :P The teacher was a seasoned pro and reasoned if the Pumpkin Princess was eating and drinking (check) and not too crabby (check), she would be all right and kept her for the rest of the day until the Pumpkin Granny came to pick her up.

So the Pumpkin Princess stayed at the Pumpkin Granny's Thursday and Friday. She would point to her feet and say "foot hurt" (in Japanese of course). Her first sentence! Yay!

No comments: