Sunday, July 27, 2008

Entry for August 12, 2007

"Ashi wo araimashou."

Let's wash our feet.

"Ashi wo arau" (to wash one's feet) means what it means literally but also to quit something or to cut ties with a group. For example, I could say I would wash my feet from anime fandom. Not that I ever was into anime fandom. Nope, not me. I've never been to Comic Market in Tokyo at the end of the year. Never into costuming, either. Not ever (whistles innocently as possible while breaking into a cold sweat).

Anyway, we washed the Pumpkin Princess's feet before lunch. We put her in a kiddie pool in our yard, but she wanted to walk around on the lawn and climb into the folding lawn chair, then go back into the house for lunch.

She doesn't have a bathing suit, so we just put cloth panties on her. She has yet to be potty trained, so the panties only go on when she gets into the kiddie pool at home and at day care.

No comments: