Saturday, May 21, 2022

 The world has changed

Sekai ga kawatta


The post before this was in March of 2019. And we all know what happened at the end of 2019. Everything changed....and it actually wants to go back to being the same, go figure (I was kind of hoping for an upgrade).

One thing I do not get is the aversion to masks. They're masks, not handcuffs. Surgeons do brain surgery wearing them. They suture coronary arteries while wearing them. Do you know how tiny the average coronary artery is?

Actually, what they do is rip out an insignificant subcutaneous vein from your leg, and use it to bypass the  blocked part of the coronary artery, but still, my point that masks are totally nbd still stands.

Anyway. Blogger doesn't have iOS anymore, and some people are taking it as a sign that it's going the way of Google+, so I'm thinking of saving what I've written to...someplace. Probably going to start with saving everything to my computer. Maybe I'll merge it with the stuff I wrote in the 20th century about Battle of the Planets. Just trying to prepare for the worst.

The Pumpkin Princess goes to a private HS, meaning she didn't get in to my HS, which kind of limits her career options. Then again, it's more like evidence after the fact. She leaves the house before seven, but since she leaves with minimal drama and brings home stories about her friends and teachers, I think she's good.

The Pumpkin Prince got into the JHS-HS the Pumpkin Princess wanted to go to but couldn't. Cue family drama. The kids at school think he's a super tennis player. The kids (ok, more like their parents) at the tennis club think he's a super student. We all know what that means.

I am the shortest person in the house. I am constantly doing risk/ benefit analysis of a career change. I should probably take note from my best friend from JHS in Suburbia and start with an update of my CV.

So if you are someone who is not me and is reading this, thank you for reading, and I hope you are well (if you've not provided me with evidence that you are through different means).

No comments: