Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's this easy??

Konnani kantan nano?? The Pumpkin Daddy has found a new job. He starts on January 7th. I am an evil spouse because a part of me wishes he had been unemployed longer, because I liked how he was getting stuff around the house done (like taking down our green curtain and sweeping the genkan and working on the Pumpkin Princess's bedroom). Everyone is talking about how we're in a chronic recession and how the 99% is suffering and (cut for brevity because, seriously, do you want me to go on for another 2000 words?) ...so I was bracing myself for being the sole breadwinner for an extended period of time. The man was unemployed for 77 days. That's shorter than the paternity leave he took when the Pumpkin Prince was born! Granted, he is a very responsible, dependable, hardworking, and charismatic. If you were hiring, you would want to hire him too. If you were hiring. In this economy. It all seems too good to be true. I've seen his workplace-to-be. It's a good-sized factory that I pass by on my daily commute. Yes, for the first time ever, his work is now closer to mine. Say, do you think he'd take over day care drop off duty once or twice a week?

No comments: