Sunday, October 25, 2009

As previously mentioned, I have a love-hate relationship with shoes. I'll decide I want to be comfortable and practical and buy Sensible Shoes. I will be happy for a couple of weeks, then I will say to myself in my line of work, I should make an effort to look professional and fashionable and buy heels. (Actually, this fashion flip-flopping is not limited to shoes, but since i don't think my body has decided what it wants to do after giving birth for the second time, i am limiting my clothes shopping to Uniqlo OnLine and nursing attire.)

Last month, I bought a pair of dark gold heels with black fur elastic straps.

DSC00883

They are surprisingly comfortable,but they tend to slip on tile, even though I have stuck adhesive rubber treads on the soles. 

So after buying fashionable shoes, the pendelum swings in the direction of comfort and practicality. Except this time, the purchase is comfortable but not exactly practical. 

DSC00882

 They are Crocs Nadias, which are Crocs pretending to be Uggs. The fuzzy synthetic shearling is difficult to keep clean, and they are only suited for the coldest days Pumpkin City has to offer. Plus, their plump cuteness makes my already short and fat legs look even more so (o.k. So that is more a fashion issue than a practicality issue).

One of these days, I'll find a happy balance. In the meantime, I am waiting for it to get cold enough to wear my Nadias.

2 comments:

Annie Crow said...

Wow, those Nadias are... unique.

The gold and black pumps are quite cool though.

Jbee808 said...

Yes, quite unique...You won't see those Crocs in Hawaii though..Too hot!!! I don't think too much about dressing professional or trendy, I just dress on how I feel that day...then again, I live in Hawaii where the dress standards are quite casual. =P

PS....I love Uniqlo!