Saturday, August 2, 2008

Entry for October 13, 2007

"Taishita koto nai ne."

It isn't all that impressive.

I used to be impressed by hotel rooms. The beds were large, the bathrooms were spacious, and you didn't have to make the beds.

I would probably still be impressed by the charming hotels to be found in places like Firenze. However, I wasn't all that impressed by the hotel we stayed in during our trip to Guam.

Don't get me wrong. The hotel was nice. The lobby was spacious and clean and tasteful. The staff was courteous and helpful. If I can afford it, I would like to stay there the next time I am in Guam. What I mean is that since I have moved into my new house, my own bedroom is as nice as the room I stayed in, and my own bathroom was as spacious, and my shower head had more settings and a longer hose.

I still liked that I didn't have to clean anything or wash any dishes, though.

No comments: