Wednesday, January 31, 2018

I didn't run, again

Mata hashiranakatta

I've run 3 k in 2018. I'm seriously slacking.

We got quite a bit of snow last Monday. Then, we got a cold snap. My Midwestern friends are going to laugh at me, but here, if it goes below freezing for more than two consecutive days, it's a cold snap. I don't run when it's below freezing, especially when there is ice, but last Thursday, I said enough is enough and decided to get some movement in.

My trusty Jillian Michaels uploads seemed to have been taken offline (copyright issues, I suppose, I get it, but in my defense, I had the DVD I was watching online) and I was too lazy to rev up the region-free DVD, so I did a new video I'd never done before that had decent reviews. It was about 20 minutes long, and I got through it and it was no big deal, but I figured it had gotten my heart rate up, and some exercise was better than no exercise, and showered and had breakfast and went to work, making a mental note to check out different videos after I got home.

Things started feeling off at around noon. My glutes were sore.

By the end of the day, the rest of me was sore as well.

The next morning, I think every muscle group in my body except for my masticators were sore.

So I guess it's a good exercise video.

1 comment:

Annie Crow said...

My count for 2018 is also 3 (miles not k though). :)